The area is a fabulous place to spot soaring eagles, vultures or kites. Go walking, bird watching, horse riding (there are stables in the village) or cycling – which are all very popular activities here.
Some of the many PLACES to VISIT: (all times are approximate driving time)
- Cuevas del Agua (water caves) & a shrine to the Virgin of Tiscar – 20 minutes (free).
- Cazorla, this historic town has a Blues festival in July & its annual Feria in September – 45 minutes.
- Baza, weekly market on a Wednesday and Cascamorras in September – 40 minutes
- Baeza, famed for having some of the best-preserved examples of Italian Renaissance architecture in Spain, along with ……..
- Úbeda, both being on the UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites – 1 hour.
- Freila & Zújar with their access to Negratín embalse – 20 minutes (free).
- Zújar thermal pool – 30 minutes (small charge).
- Castril, a beautiful village with bars and a fabulous gorge walk – 35 minutes (free).
- Baza, our nearest largish town with usual shops and restaurants. Home to Cascamorras, an amazing event held on 6th September – 40 minutes (free).
- Guadix – with its beautiful cathedral, market on a Saturday and the “Barrio Troglodyte” where you will find the cave house museum. Take the tourist train (summer months) to the prominent places in the town – 55 minutes.
- Granada city and the beautiful Alhambra Palace- 90 mins.